To the Beach!

First of all, one of my friends mentioned to me that she was unable to comment on my blog. I checked into it and realized that there was a restriction something or other something, something which was preventing people from commenting on my posts. So, I am happy to announce, said situation has been fixed and you are more than welcome to comment on anything you'd like! :) Thanks Heather!

This morning all of the kids were up super early because they were so excited to pick up daddy from work. Last night we brought him supper, which we ate all together, and the kids asked if we could go to the beach tomorrow. Daddy said if the weather was nice, we could go. So, the first question I was asked this morning was:
 "Mom, is it time to go get Dad?" followed by
 "Mom, can we go to the beach today?" followed by the first question Gabe asks me every morning,
 "Mom, you make a me a piece bed wif nutella?"
To the kids 9:30 seemed like an eternity..well it kind of is if you've been up since 6:00... Finally at 9:50 my Mr called and said we could go pick him up, I wasn't even off the phone yet and they were already half way to the truck! They sure did miss their daddy! Guess what their first question for him was! "Dad, can we go to the beach today?"
To the kids delight, daddy said "Yes!!"
 Yay! Happy kids! So we got home, packed up our cooler, searched high and low for bathing suits, threw some beach toys in the truck and  a beach blanket and towels and we were off to the beach! We had such a fun time! The thunder storms held off, and there were barely any people at the beach! I think Monday's will be a good beach day for us! :) There was however a slew of white jelly fish with tentacles at least 6 feet long....There was a guy who was quite red who was as red as a sunburned lobster, catching the jelly fish in a little sand bucket, and then burying them all in a hole in the sand a little further down the beach. I kind of did feel a little sorry for the jelly fish, but then last summer I got those tentacles wrapped around my leg and it hurt so bad. Worse than the little ones on Prince Edward Island. It almost had like a numbing feeling after the pain..neither feeling was pleasant. These jellyfish are somewhat white, but are also quite translucent, so they are not the easiest "little" thing to see, therefore making them both stealthy and sneaky. So I just want to give a shout out to the jelly fish catcher man, who made it possible for us to have a wonderful morning at the beach! 
Tonight Mr Romeo and I were discussing the events of the day, and then we wondered if the jelly fish have any predators..well thanks to a little googling we found out that they do. Here is what we learned about jellyfish. Learn something new everyday!! 
There are many kinds, or species, of jellyfish in all the oceans of the earth. The main predator of jellyfish is other jellyfish, usually of a different species.
But jellyfish also have a number of other natural enemies that like to eat them. These predators include tunas, sharks, swordfish and some species of salmon.
Sea turtles also like to eat jellyfish. In fact, each year many sea turtles become ill and even die from eating floating plastic bags and other plastic trash that they mistake for jellies. That is one of the reasons why it is important to keep trash out of the world’s oceans.
So, what do jellyfish eat? Most jellyfish prey on tiny sea creatures called plankton—but some types attack and ingest smaller jellyfish!
So what did we learn from this?? DON'T throw plastic in the ocean and kill turtles!! Anyways, besides all that here are some pictures of the day!


So the boys set off to build themselves a city of castles.
The other kids came to help out

Soon after, everyone went back in the water again. Good job Daddy!

And here was another imagination moment....

And here is another imagination moment. At the end of this journey, there will be 14 footprints in the sand..
Today as I was sitting on the beach, I was raking the sand with my hands. I picked up a handful of sand, and I wondered how many grains of sand were in my hand.. "grains of sand" is mentioned in the Bible on 14 different occasions. When I think of grains of sand, I automatically think of the verses in Matthew 10:26-31
26“So do not be afraid of them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 27What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.b 30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
God knows how many hairs are on your head. Since He knows that, surely He will know how many grains of sand are on the beach...isn't that just mind boggling?! I am constantly amazed how God so silently speaks to me when I am quiet..
As the sand lays in my palm, God reminded me that just like I have the numbered grains of sand in my hand, He has me in the palm of His mighty gentle hand. Holding me tightly. He will never let me stumble or fall if I continue to gaze upon His face and His promises to me.He cares for me more than He cares for the beautifully painted sparrows! We sure are something special and beholden in his eyes and heart! 




2 comments:

  1. Hey, nice family outing, looks like you were having lots of fun at the beach. Hope you are staying cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I sure do love you guys! So so proud of you...all of you! Keep the updates & photos coming!!

    ReplyDelete