A slice of pie, lots of rain and a broken lawn mower



Wow! God has once again shown Himself Faithful in the life of an ordinary family with extra-ordinary dreams! We have received more donations for the adoption, and Dianna and I have been able to set aside more time out of our day for prayer and meditation while we wait with great expectation for the work that is ahead of us. 
Today was my full day off which means I didn't have to wake up at work and drive home. I got to wake up in my own bed and enjoy my morning with a slice of apple pie and cup o' joe. The kids were up around 7 am and that meant I couldn't lay in bed for too much longer. I knew I had a full day ahead of me it was just a matter of where to begin. Ha! In the Word, of course! Today's devotional pertained to prayer and how our prayer life shouldn't be about receiving answers from God, but to draw closer to Him. I know I forget that. I know He isn't Santa Clause, I just forget that when His Word says, "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God..." it's telling me to draw nearer to God, have a living active relationship with Him and seek His presence. "...and all these other things SHALL be added unto you". Matt. 6:33. God's Word is complex enough to have all the Bible scholars scratching their heads yet sometimes the message is simple enough to take it at its word. With my devotional done, I moved on with my day.
I think it is important for all of you to understand that from this side of the computer screen, my life has a different perspective on it now that Dianna and I are working on this adoption process. Our lives are changed to where we both feel as though every day we must be working toward seeing the adoption to its completion and we can't allow one day to get by without doing something. I must admit, asking for your prayers, money and support holds me accountable to my daily actions. We are on a time line and we are expecting God's provision like never before. 
Our first fundraiser will be a yard sale. We are currently collecting donations and we have thrown a *lot* of stuff of our own into the mix. We want to see the garage full of stuff from front to back, top to bottom. If you have anything you can part with, bring it on by. We are currently looking into making T-shirts to sell as well as a number of other events that require baking, cooking, cleaning and whatever else we can come up with in order to raise $7600.00. We want to get the community involved rather than using/draining all available resources from our local church as the main source of funding. 
The rain came down today as though it hadn't rained in months. It just didn't stop. My plans weren't ruined though. I had a blank check from church and a broken lawn mower that needed my attention. So off to church I went where I found myself with tools in hand disassembling a tractor mower that I'm sure hasn't had any really attention since the church acquired it. Some hours later, with new parts installed, oil on the floor and a few busted knuckles, she's almost as good as new. At the beginning of this year, the church asked for a detailed list with costs of all equipment and estimated monthly expenditures, in order to give the staff an idea of the budget for the grounds. I mentioned I wanted a $2700.00 mower. You've heard the expression, "Eyes as big as saucers." No joke. We're still praying about that one! Until then, ol' Bessy will have to get the job done. 
Dianna and I spent the rest of the day at home with the kids, enjoying my day off and taking in all the laughter and hoopla that is a common part of our lives here in this household. Tomorrow will be back to the grindstone and even now it is getting late, 530 am always comes too soon. 
Thanks for reading and thank you for your diligent prayers. God is Good, all the time!
Take care. Until then, 

Jordan 
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33.

2 comments:

  1. Always such a blessing to read your posts Jordan! You are in our prayers and thoughts always.
    I'm impressed that you know how to repair small motors!! You're the first man in our family to master that... too bad you don't live closer! :-)

    I like all your fundraising ideas-- I'll do some brainstorming too and see if I can come up with any ways to help out.

    Love you all-- See you in a few months!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your ability to master fixing a small motor is like my struggle to master the ability to make coffee for less then 10 people (rather than 70) & to make bread, etc. for less than 3 operating bakeries. Ha! Good job. :) Love reading posts from you & hearing more from your side! Wish I could be a part of the laughter & hoopla much more often! Also wish I could donate everything I've had to get rid of since moving last month & am still getting rid of as I prepare to be moving on next year. But I'll do everything I can to help you guys out! Can't wait for this family to grow even more!
    Love you al so so much!

    ReplyDelete