"Praise for God's Mighty Acts." Taken from Psalm the 66th chapter:
 "For you, God, tested us;
you refined us as silver is refined. 
You lured us into a trap; you placed burdens on our backs. 
You let men ride over our heads; 
we went through fire and water, 
but You brought us out to abundance". 

"Come and listen, all who fear God
and I will tell what He has done for me.
I cried out to him with my mouth, and praise was on my tongue. 
If I had been aware of malice
in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.
However, God has listened;
He has paid attention to the sound 
of my prayer. May God be praised! 
He has not turned away from my prayer
or turned His faithful love from me".

This was the passage I read over and over again as I stood in the sanctuary of our church with four other men tonight, praying and praising and thanking God for His Love and attributes which will sustain me. Each night of the week, for the month of August, is prayer night. Some nights it belongs to the men, other nights the women and still others will be corporate prayer. It was good to be in the Presence of the Holy Spirit, praying and seeking God's Will for so many people. 
The above scripture came to me tonight and as I read it, I realized how relevant it was for Dianna and I as we trust God through this adoption process. "You lured us into traps; you placed burdens on our backs...but you brought us out to abundance". I forget that while I may be praying for God's Will in this time of trust and faith, it is not unlike God to test us and even put us in a place of struggle if only to make His Name honored. 
As I was praying tonight I was reminded of the vision that I hold onto of the two children from Africa standing beside me in church. I hold onto this vision as a reminder of the calling placed on my heart and until God directs us otherwise, I am excited about relying on His Promises and Provision. 

I had to work over the weekend so when I got home this morning I knew I had a few household work items that required my attention. Back in June, Dianna had gotten me an electric power washer for Father's Day and although I had tried it out on a few surfaces here and there, the real test came when I power washed each of the gutters the garage, the tool shed and the siding on the second floor. By work's end I was soaked and there was mud and sticks flung all over the bushes and back lawn. 1900 PSI sure does make  a mess! Now to move onto the driveway and the fence!
This week I have more days off than work so Dianna and I will be prayerfully considering which fund-raiser we want to kick off for the adoption. We want to put something together that relies more on community support than just our local church. Please continue to keep us in your prayers and thoughts as we look at different ways in which we can raise the appropriate amount of funds. Thank you to everyone who is supporting us through this and we pray God would bless you immensely for your support.

God be with you, 
Jordan

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.” Jerimiah 29:11-14

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beanie,
    I so appreciate your perspective on all of this, and your willingness to write and share your experiences.

    That verse from Jeremiah 29 was the first memory verse that you and Emily learned in 1994. It's always been my favorite, and it's no cooincidence that I chose it back then. I was starting something very big and unknown with you and your sister-- HOMESCHOOLING!! Yikes! It wasn't very well known then, and I wondered if I could pull it off. Well, you know the truth is, I couldn't have pulled it off without God's hand on it! No matter how big it seems to us, God has it all in HIS perspective, and it's all going to work to HIS glory and our good.
    I know you're keeping your eyes on God and doing your best.
    I'm very proud of you, and I'm thankful to be able to give what I can to help out.
    Thank you for being such a good Daddy and Husband. I couldn't be more proud of you, honey.
    Love you forever,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think of you when I think of Jeremiah 29:11. I'm always thinking, "Mom knows what I'm talking about whenever I reference this verse." Love you Mom. Thanks for your love and support. You are a GREAT Mom to our family.

    ReplyDelete