Writing Down your Vision

I am not a huge reader by any means, but lately I find myself reading more books and actually finishing them! Go me!  I just finished  'The Circle Maker' by Mark Batterson a couple of weeks ago and am now working on 'You're Made for a God-Sized Dream' by Holley Gerth. These books both ask what your dreams are and what they look like. A few months ago at church we had a meeting with Dr. Jospeh Umidi who challenged us to make a board, and write down our Dreams on paper and put it somewhere to be seen every day as a reminder of our dreams. Going along with that, this morning I read in Habakkuk 2:2-3. 
The Lord answered me " Write down this vision; clearly inscribe it on tablets so one may easily read it. For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it testifies about the end and will not lie. Though it delays, wait for it, since it will certainly come and not be late." Even though God was talking to Habakkuk about the Babylonian invasion that would inevitably happen despite Habakkuk's objection, I think it can easily be applied to us. 
We have been given a vision. Our vision is to adopt from Africa, God had planted that desire in both of our hearts over 11 years ago when we were still teenagers working in a couple of orphanages in Africa. I was ready to go right away! I was all about the idea of sneaking a few kids into my dufflebag! By the end of the Missions trip, I had fallen helplessly in love, with my man, but it took him  forever  a little less than a year, to realize we were meant to be together and he fell helplessly in love with me too. 
"For the vision is yet for the appointed time...
1. I was too young to be a mom.
2. I was not married.
3. I did not have a home of my own.
4. God was not done using me as a single girl yet.
5. God wanted to bless us with biological children first.
and the list goes on...
though it delays, wait for it, since it will certainly come and not be late." 
1. I became a mom 6 years later.
2. I became a wife 2 years later.
3. I had a home 2 years later.
4.I went on a missions trip to Mexico and another one to Ukraine almost right away. God showed me His unending love and faithfulness.
5. Three years after we were married we had Kai, soon after Jelly Bean, and soon after, Gabe.

And Boy does waiting for the appointed time become amazing. It is perfect! It is truly blessed, all because of obedience. I'm not saying that the past ten years of my life has been a triple chocolate cake! We have had challenges, including being apart for 10 months in the first year and a half of our marriage because of visa and green card paperwork, losing a child, being diagnosed with Epilepsy, having a husband deploy time and again, and the list goes on. But through all of that, God still gets the glory. If I didn't go through those things, I wouldn't understand or sympathize with newly weds who have to be apart, or be able to tell them, if we can do it so can you!! My heart would not break for the young mother in my arms as she grieves for a child she will never meet, and tell her its OK to cry and grieve. To understand what people have to go through who are diagnosed with epilepsy and know what an EEG and MRI's and all that fun stuff are like. To become a support to young moms and wives who have deployed husbands.
If it wasn't for all of that, then I would not be where I am today, I would not know that God has above and beyond better plans than I could ever think or imagine for me.I would'nt have the patience I have now, I wouldn't have the understand that I have now, but most importantly, I would not have the Faith that I have now! For such a time as this. though it delays...wait for it, since it will certainly come and not be late.
My Adoption Journey Vision is this:
 We will be adopting two children from Africa.
 We will be adopting a baby and a brother or sister.( apparently this is highly unlikely!!)  God will do it though!!
I Will be writing this blog.
This blog will be an encouragement and a blessing to those who read it.
This blog will help many other couples like us who do not have any money, but feel called to adopt.
This blog will have 1000's of followers by the time our adoption is finalized.
I will write a book called 10 Footprints to Africa.

My Dreams and Visions are Huge, but this is nothing that my God cannot do for Me! Isn't this soo exciting!!










2 comments:

  1. This brings tears to my eyes, Dianna. I'm so thankful that you and Jordan have been blessed with a heart for those future children.
    Your family is a blessing and I love you.
    I'm so excited to watch and see how God will do this!
    (And THANKS for putting the DONATION button on there so we can give money to help make it happen!)
    Ask Jordan and Emily what the first Bible verse they memorized was, way back in 1994... Jer 29:13 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord..."
    So much to look forward to.
    Thanks for being obedient <3
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. "God has perfect timing -- never early, never late.
    It takes a little patience and a whole lot of faith.
    Trust in God. It's always worth the wait."
    Love your HUGE dreams and Visions Dianna

    ReplyDelete