Terminology

We have been busy working on adoption paper work related to our dossier. It has language on there that I dont always understand or a word I cant pronounce and so I have to go to google for an answer. Then I have to memorize that word because when I talk to people about our adoption and tell them what we are filling out, then they in turn will ask me: "What is a Dossier or apostille?"
So for your reading pleasure and an informative read: I present to you a list of adoption terminology!!
Im quite sure there are more but these are the most helpful to me.

Adoption: A legally recognized process that creates a parent-child relationship between individuals who are not biologically relate to each other. 

ApostilleAn "apostille" is a form of authentication issued to documents for use in countries that participate in the Hague Convention of 1961.

Dossier: A collection of required documents that is sent to a foreign country in order to process the adoption of a child in that country's legal system.

Hague Convention or Inter-country Adoption: A multinational agreement designed to promote the uniformity and efficiency of International adoptions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment